Thursday, October 18, 2012

Purple haze


Ah, Brisbania! How I love you in Jacaranda season! 



All over town the purple glory of the jacaranda trees is signalling uni students to hit the books and the rest of us to prepare for summer. 



Everywhere you look they are bursting out like marvellous mauve fireworks.



They dot the entire landscape all over Brisbane with their joyful promise of balmy holidays and new life.



Other things are growing around here too. The next hookin' is a cookin'. Good old granny squares this time because I need something to put me to sleep at night.


The pile of rainbow wool is slowly being used up and has nearly seen me through the whole tedious ordeal of the last eight months. Treble, treble, chain, chain.... breathe in, breathe out. All those little mantras help to put one foot in front of the other closer to the end of the treatment. 


Meanwhile, something else is starting to grow around here and I don't mean the mess in the kitchen. The Tibetan nun look is very happening this year don't you know? Must be Spring!



18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous purple! I love purple anything and those trees set my heart to fluttering. Love the rainbow grannies. So glad you had them to work on.

    YAY! for the growing!

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep you updated on those jacarandas. They make wonderful pools of purple when they drop their flowers!

      Delete
  2. Oh yay, hair is in sight!!!! :-)
    And I have never seen Jacaranda trees before, what a crazy amount of color: love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful soft fuzz there, wow, I wonder if it will change, curly, straight, different colour...Ive seen that happen....the jacarandas are beautiful, matched with the purple agapanthas here in South Australia, they are just gorgeous...hope you are down to just a couple more squares on the blackboard..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always surprise me. :-) Starting with the trees, a bit of hooking and then: ta-dah! All the best! Regula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look permanently surprised now myself since the eyebrows just gave up yesterday too!

      Delete
  5. New hair, a crochet habit and jacaranda flowers! What more does a girl need I say. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those jacarandas look great. Such a beautiful of purple. Love the pile of rainbow grannies. Your squares look so neat. Yay on the hair regrowth. It looks so soft. Do you feel like touching it all the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I can't stop stroking it. It is SO soft, just like a newborn's!

      Delete
  7. So cool, your purple trees. We have nothing like that in this neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacarandas are everywhere here in the West too. Not in flower like yours yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the purple trees. We do not have anything like that here in New
    york. Wish we did they are so beautiful. You are making me want to learn to crochet. maybe one day I will learn. I am left handed i think I need some one to teach me. Glad your hair is growing back I bet it will comein beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are left handed t may be easier to teach yourself. There are some great tutorials on crochet to learn from. Once you get the basics you can start making things straight away! Go for it!

      Delete
  10. How about a purple rinse on the new hair to match the trees?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That has crossed my mind. Apparently a lot of people grow back grey!

      Delete
  11. Yay for your hair growing back.
    All those beautiful jacarandas, they sure add some pretty colour to the day.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best bit. Drop in if you have time. You are most welcome!

Popular Posts