Monday, November 19, 2012

Week ender


There was much battening of hatches and clearing of decks on the week end. We sat on the red observation couch to watch it gather and unleash its fury.


It was colourful and noisy and spectacular. 


Next day butter wouldn't melt in Mother Nature's mouth as we drove up to the top of a mountain to look for the Lost Caves of Bungalow Bliss. They are still lost and we would still be looking but for having left Shorty's shoes and the water bottle behind. It was my first bushwalk since treatment. The trees began to spin above my head and when I started to hear pan pipes in the shrubbery it was time to bail.

Tall city centres always remind me of Kurt Vonnegut's "Skyscraper National Park" when I see them teetering together on their little invisible island.

I believe my father proposed to my mother on this lookout when it was more rustic and there were a lot less skyscrapers. We may take them there for a surprise coffee one day.

They need not look for the caves. 

Dad's hip would not approve!




                                         
"Look gairls! Is that a cave?"




9 comments:

  1. I do love a good storm, just caught the very edge of one this afternoon.
    A distinct lack of tall city centres in these parts ... perhaps thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I've been hanging out for your next Post because I'm so used to your daily snippets from Blogtoberfest and it seems like it's been ages. The weather has gone mad. I love storms. We hardly even get rain here being the second driest capital in the country but last week we had a full-blown Tornado. Crazy! Didn't even know we had Tornadoes in this country. Hope you are well. Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bit about your parents. Well done for attempting bushwalking. Sounds sweaty to me! Planning to see you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tall buildings look like a witch's teeth.
    She needs the dentist pronto.
    The storms build up here but disappear over the top.
    I too, have always loved storms.
    I remember running home after school as each day the sky became dark and threatening.
    Hail stones were the best.
    Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tall buildings look like a witch's teeth.
    She needs the dentist pronto.
    The storms build up here but disappear over the top.
    I too, have always loved storms.
    I remember running home after school as each day the sky became dark and threatening.
    Hail stones were the best.
    Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mirandaaa!

    Good to hear from you. Was wondering how you were getting on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Storm watching must be fabulous with a view like yours!

    Like Fiona we're short on city centres in these parts, can't say I mind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Annie, what a pest that those caves eluded you. Shall have to post you a map or even meet you there and show you the ropes. Tis a little tricky to explain. Hope the old you is on her way back and your energy picks up. mel x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best bit. Drop in if you have time. You are most welcome!

Popular Posts